Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hopper House "Artists in the Park" 2007

I decided that I liked the idea of participating in this event last year, so I did it again this year... Once again, the weather was less than cooperative. Rain, cold... miserable. The painting showed it, and didn't sell.

Instead, I sold this one... a 12" x 24" Oil on panel completed in one session at Harriman State Park's Lake Ascoti. I'd started this painting looking for a chance to paint very tight realism from life... then reality set in and I saw that there was simply no way to do anything more than a very loose rendition of what was before me...

I was pleased with the outcome, and apparently so were a few others. The bidding took the price up to about double what they'd started out at... a good outcome for all concerned.

No comments: